- 2 packets of Abinda Seitan
- 4 carrots
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- olive oil
- 1 small pot of tomato purée
- ¼ l red wine
- ½ l vegetable stock
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Corn flour
- Cut the seitan into small pieces and wok fry in a little oil. Add the finely chopped onion and garlic.
- Stir well until the onion is cooked and add a dash of red wine.
- Lower the heat and leave to simmer. Slice the carrot and add to the mixture.
- Add the thyme, tomato purée and bay leaf.
- Add the vegetable stock and the rest of the red wine until the mixture is just covered. Stir occasionally and simmer until the carrots are cooked. Add the vegetable stock and red wine gradually. Be sure to leave enough liquid at the end to thicken the sauce.
- Scoop out the vegetables and seitan and keep them hot. Add a teaspoon of corn flour to a cup of cooled vegetable stock and stir until the corn flour dissolves. Add this to the liquid in the wok and allow the sauce to cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the hot vegetables and seitan to the wok and simmer on a low heat for a few minutes. Garnish with parsley.