Seitan and ale casserole
- Finely slice the onion and garlic. Heat the olive oil in a cooking pan and sauté the onion and garlic with the bay leaf, thyme and clove.
- Cut the seitan into small pieces and sauté with the onion. Add the finely chopped mushrooms and carrot. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 7 minutes.
- It is best to remove the pieces of seitan from the cooking pan to prevent them from drying. After removing the seitan from the pan, gradually add the beer, stock, gingerbread, crumbed Dutch rusks, mustard and tomato puree, and leave to simmer (with the lid off) until the sauce reduces. Stir regularly.
- Add the seitan pieces to the hot sauce 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with a few sprigs of fresh parsley.