- 10-12 pieces of cannelloni
- 200g frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 package Abinda seitan
- 1 or 2 tins of tomato paste
- 1 dl red wine
- 1 onion
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic
- 200g hard feta
- Salt, pepper, nutmeg, thyme
- Olive oil
- Ingredients for Bechamel sauce
Canneloni with spinach and seitan
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic and fry in a pan in a little olive oil.
- Cut the seitan into small slices and add the slices to the pan. Leave everything to brown.
- Add the spinach and stir through. Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and thyme.
- Cook the cannelloni in boiling water, following the directions on the packet, with a dash of olive oil.
- Drain carefully and cool under cold running water.
- Make a bechamel sauce. Grate the feta cheese and stir through the hot sauce until it melts.
- Oil an oven dish with olive oil. (is this necessary?)
- Stir together enough red wine and tomato paste to cover the bottom of the oven dish.
- Fill the cannelloni with the spinach and seitan mixture and lay them side-by-side in the dish.
- Pour the sauce on top, making sure to cover the cannelloni.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil and place in a hot oven.
- Leave to cook for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove the foil for the final 10 minutes.