- 1 package Abinda seitan
- Sunflower oil
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons powdered seaweed
- 75 g dried breadcrumbs
- 150g sieved wheat flour
- 325 ml dark beer (or soy milk)
- Pat the seitan dry and cut into small pieces.
- Mix in a bowl the flour, bread crumbs, paprika and seaweed powder, sea salt and pepper.
- Stir in the beer until there is a smooth pancake batter.
- If the batter is not liquid enough, you can optionally add a little extra water.
- Stir the seitan pieces into the batter.
- Heat a good layer of oil in a deep pan and carefully pour quantities of batter into the hot oil. Fry until golden brown. Remove from the pan and drain on a plate with paper towels.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.